Saturday, October 15, 2005

reviewed: Nikon Coolpix 3700

Camera tossing specific product review.
camera reviews listing

Nikon Coolpix 3700 by _Nod
Links
specs on dpreview.com
examples on pbase.com
I picked this camera up off eBay as I didn’t want to put my 10D though any unnecessary risk as Photos from my 10D do provide an occasional bit of income and it’s not exactly cheap to replace, as you may have already established. My main reason for getting a 3700 was the time lapse functionally which I wanted for projects other than tossing, that and there were no cheap Pentax Optio 33WRs available at the time.

The 3700 is quite a nice size and weight to toss and more importantly catch! The only trouble here is the external lens mechanism, this feels very delicate and any knocks to this during a catch stop the camera focusing, requiring it to be turned off and back on again to resume normal functionality, this isn’t a pleasant sensation the first few times it happens.

As for the camera itself is the first Nikon I have ever used and to be honest, I wasn’t that impressed, the build quality doesn’t feel great and the menu systems are less intuitive than any other camera I have ever used.

So over all it’s not a bad camera for tossing, but I’m sure there are plenty of better cameras out there. However it will remain to be my main tossing camera in vain attempt to keep my others safe from harm.

camera reviews listing