Saturday, October 15, 2005

reviewed: Canon PowerShot A80

camera toss specific product review...
back to reviews listing

Canon PowerShot A80 by Rich Seymour
Links
specs on dpreview.com
examples on pbase.com
Canon A80
Review here
Pretty kick butt solid camera. I and others have dropped it on grass and floors during tossing experiments. Only once did it lose a photo do to a strange power issue. I have gotten really good swirly center focused shots with it (ie my current icon of me). I prefer mainly axial spinning and that is what it does well.

The camera has a pretty good manual mode which I occasionally play with and you can set the exposure up to fifteen seconds. (good for those dropping it from a biplane shots... anyone up for it?)

I should probably downgrade to something a bit more expendable, since I really really like this camera. That said, it can take some knocks if you aren't to handy with the whole catching thing. In fact that was the only reason I risked it in the first place. A friend of mine said he dropped his canon while rock climbing and after a 5 foot fall it still worked fine.

No comments: